ReadMe for JRecord version 0.80
The JRecord Library is for reading and writing Fixed-Width files with either a Cobol Copybook or a Xml
file description. It is distributed under a LGPL license (either 2 or 3).
- JRecord_WindowsOnly_Installer_0.80.exe.zip - windows specific installer.
- JRecord_Installer_0.80.jar.zip - Cross platform installer, includes a Windows front end installer
but you must extract the contents of the jar before you run JRecord_Windows_Installer_0.80.exe,
it calls the jar file in the zip.
Library Changes 0.80
Library changes where fairly minor, bug fix's, new Dialect's which use ',' as the decimal point, new positive
types and not allowing negative numbers to fields defined as positive in cobol.
- Fixed several problems like supporting Cobol fields starting with numeric values, no field name on redefines etc.
- Fixed issue when field-name is blank on Redefines.
- Fields with no Field-Name are treated as Filler's.
- JRecord will not allow you to assign a negative number when field is defined as positive in Cobol.
- New positive Zoned decimal and Packed-Decimal types.
- Two new Cobol Dialects (Convert.FMT_MAINFRAME_COMMA_DECIMAL and Convert.FMT_FUJITSU_COMMA_DECIMAL) for when a comma is used for the decimal point (note: no comma character is supported).
- The Cobol Copybook loader now accepts a stream for the input file.
- AbstractLine's (Line) now has a method getFieldIterator(String/Integer) that will return a Field-Value Iterator / Iterable class.
Utility Changes 0.80
- Views are now displayed as separate tabs on the one screen rather than on a screen by them selves.
- New "Child Screens" available on list screens. Child screens show the currently selected record.
- Scripting (Macro's) added (via JSR 233). You can now run Macro's (Jython etc) on your Cobol Data files in the editor.
- New Script Editor added (via rsyntaxtextarea package).
- New "Text" view (Text files only). This view display the file in a normal Text-editor mode instead of in tables.
- Finally fixed some of the issues with the copy-Utility (probably more though)
- Added code to Detect the "Copybook-Type" so you should not need to set the copybook type now.