- EXIF (F2) and file name info (Ctrl+F2) no longer flicker when active during slide show with transition effect
- No logical sorting of file names is done if HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoStrCmpLogical
registry value is set to 1. This matches the behavior of the Windows explorer.
Note that the default registry value for this is 0, therefore almost all users will notice no change.
- Support for animated GIFs.
- Saving GIFs will only save the currently displayed frame.
- Some image processings (e.g. free rotation, perspective correction) will stop the animation and work on a single frame only
- No caching of the decoded frames. This has pros and cons. Pro is that memory consumption is limited. Con is that the CPU
load while playing can be rather high. However on a dual core CPU it's not a problem.
- Support for multi-page TIFF. Note that (singlepage or multipage) TIFFs compressed with JPEG compression are not supported by GDI+.
This is a known issue of GDI+ that cannot be fixed in JPEGView (except if another TIFF library would be used)
- New INI file setting: FileNameFormat allowing to display configurable information with Ctrl-F2. See INI file for information.
- WebP library 0.3.0 from Google is now used. This version supports lossy and lossless compression.
To use lossless compression with the WEBP format, select the "WEBP lossless" file format in the "File Save" dialog.
Be warned that lossless WEBP compression is very, very slow (decompression is fast however).