The KDE desktop environment uses the Oxygen theme by default. By default, Java applications don't follow this theme at all. The Joxy Look and Feel is a "skin" to let Java Swing applications look like the Oxygen theme. Joxy is not an application itself, but a skin for other programs.
For installation instructions, please see Joxy's website. Questions about Joxy can be asked in the Discussion section.
- Provides a consistent integration with the KDE Oxygen theme
- Tries to automatically detect the KDE color scheme in use
- Supports the radial window background that Oxygen uses
- Native rendering of text in the GUI
- Works with Java Swing applications, such as Netbeans, JOSM and many others
- Support for the Oxygen 'glow' animation on buttons, text fields, etc.
Really great stuff, with this, Java applications can now blend in nicely with other KDE apps so the Swing application feels native to KDE.
Exactly what I was looking for!
I just have to say SUPER AWESOME! Thank you for your hard work, please continue and submit this project to the KDE foundation :)
Awesome!!! I'll definitely set this as system standard!!! The only java program that looks still a bit strange is netbeans but I bet that this will be fixed in the future. WOW!!! It was so easy to install and just worked!!! That's not often! Man! This work should be included into kde!