jGnash is a cross platform personal finance application written in Java. jGnash is a double entry system with support for multiple currencies. jGnash can import OFX and QIF files.
- Double Entry Accounting with reconciliation tools
- Budgeting with multiple scenario options and export to spreadsheet capability
- Investment Accounts and automatic import of Stocks, Bond, and Funds price history
- Nestable accounts with automatic rollup of totals and intelligent handling of mixed currencies
- OFX, QFX, mt940, and QIF import capabilities
- Reminders and automatic transaction entry and notifications
- Intelligent handling of multiple currencies and exchange rates with automatic online exchange rate updates
- Printable reports with PDF and spreadsheet export capability
- XML and relational database file formats
- Operates on any main-stream PC operating system
For my personal finances this was more than adequate. I didn't have to go through any lengthy documentation to learn this program. It's fairly intuitive. And it got the job done for my taxes last year. There were a couple of bugs (or "fleas") that made data entry slower than necessary. I wish the textbox fields would automatically highlight when tabbing from one field to the next so I don't have to delete the field contents before typing. The date field is too strict on having a two-digit month (US format).