jGnash is a cross platform personal finance application written in Java. jGnash is a double entry system with support for multiple currencies. jGnash can import OFX and QIF files.
- Double Entry Accounting with reconciliation tools
- Budgeting with multiple scenario options and export to spreadsheet capability
- Investment Accounts and automatic import of Stocks, Bond, and Funds price history
- Nestable accounts with automatic rollup of totals and intelligent handling of mixed currencies
- OFX, QFX, mt940, and QIF import capabilities
- Reminders and automatic transaction entry and notifications
- Intelligent handling of multiple currencies and exchange rates with automatic online exchange rate updates
- Printable reports with PDF and spreadsheet export capability
- XML and relational database file formats
- Operates on any main-stream PC operating system
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
With release 2.20, this product has come a long way in terms of design, stability and resolution of bugs: Key improvements: - Reconciliation now works (see below). - Budgets are much improved (see below). jGnash now stands as one of the better FOSS accounting packages, if not the best, but there are a few caveats: - Multi-currency still has some issues, esp in budget manager. - Reconciliation has some odd behaviors, esp if the Finish Later function is used. - Budget Manager is still a WIP. Finally, the release process is still kind of ad hoc - new / modified features are not always fully tested. It might be better to hold back on releases until full regression tests can be completed ... after all, this is an accounting package. All in all, it's beginning to look like a mature software product.