jEdit is a programmer's text editor written in Java. It uses the Swing toolkit for the GUI and can be configured as a rather powerful IDE through the use of its plugin architecture.
- Written in Java, so it runs on Mac OS X, Unix, VMS and Windows.
- Built-in macro language; extensible plugin architecture.
- Hundreds of plugins can be downloaded and installed from within jEdit using the plugin manager feature.
- Auto indent, and syntax highlighting for more than 200 languages.
- Supports a large number of character encodings including UTF8 and Unicode.
- Folding for selectively hiding regions of text.
- Word wrap.
- Highly configurable and customizable.
- See http://www.jedit.org/?page=features for more ...
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
I honeslty consider this program the perfect software I at all times used! => consider having a look at this webiste for Free Gift Cards : www.fregifts.com
I absolutely consider this app the best software I ever tried! => have a look at this webiste for Free keys : www.scripts4geeks.com
I'm using jEdit for every text-edit tasks I have simply because: 1) It's so versatile 2) (relatively) easy to adjust to one's needs 3) Powerful due to its plugins 4) fast (enough) on a descent system 5) Usable on each OS I care for: macOS, Linux, (sometimes) WinDOS and even Solaris (back in those days...)
Great if you want something really flexible and reliable that will help you for years