Java Daemon Application
This is a simple Java application that will run on Unix/Linux operating systems
as a daemon using the Apache Commons Daemon. The purpose of this application is
to serve as a template/example of how to set up a Java application as a daemon
on Unix/linux systems and as an example of how to use jsvc.
The java_daemon_init script can be copied to /etc/init.d/ and used in the normal
1. Copy the dist folder to the location where you want the daemon to reside and
give it a descriptive name.
2. Copy the file java_daemon_init to the folder /etc/init.d/ and make it
executable. You can rename the file to the name of the application.
3. Edit the file java_daemon_init and provide correct values. You can rename
the file to give it a descriptive name.
4. Run the daemon by issuing the command /etc/init.d/java_daemon_init start
5. Stop by issuing the command /etc/init.d/java_daemon_init stop