Jacksum is a platform independent checksum utility (written entirely in Java) for computing and verifying (integrity check) checksums, CRC and hashes (fingerprints). It supports 58 popular hash algorithms and a lot of unique features.
- supports 58+ hash algorithms
- supports customized CRC algorithms
- supports the combination of multiple algorithms
- runs on Windows, Linux, Unix and Mac OS X
- supports a lot of unique features
- optional: file browser integration for Windows Explorer, KDE Konqueror, Gnome Nautilus and Mac OS X Finder
Very useful project!
thanks man, great soft!
This is a somewhat understimated tool. Though it's command line, it comes with explorer integration via a massively customizable batch routine. With the proper use of batch commands it's incredibly mighty. I use it regularly to create checksums for files I send by email, the explorer integration works perfectly. Since you can modify the batch file you can have the output formatted to your liking, which makes it the most versatile checksum tool I know of.