This application has not been tested on Windows 64-bit platform
v1.2 installer is more compartible with IIS 7
1. You should posess administrative rights on a computer where you're
going to install IXSF Search application.
2. Make sure you have IIS (with ASP.NET) and Indexing Service installed.
3. Make sure .NET Framework 4.0 or higher is installed.
4. Open cmd shell as Administrator (Start Menu -> Programs ->
Standard -> Command line -> R-Click -> Run as Administrator).
5. cd to the folder where setup files located.
6. Run IXSF.msi.
If intalling on IIS 7+, select "ASP.NET v4.0 Classic" application pool.
After setup is complete, create a user "ASPNET" and grant him Administrative
privileges. In IIS console select "Application Pools" -> "ASP.NET v4.0 Classic"
click "Advanced Settings ..." on the right pane. For "Process Model" / "Identity"
set Custom account ASPNET user you have created before. Confirm. Restart IIS.
7. In your browser navigate to "http://localhost/IXSF/SearchForm.aspx".
8. If you see error page "HTTP 404.2 - Not Found" - follow instructions on that page.
9. For best productivity better organize you search catalogs, e.g. you might want to create
separate catalogs for source files tree, for documentation, for code samples, etc.
If you want search through source files - when you put a directory under catalog
don't forget to set checkbox "Search files with unknown extensions".
10. If you get an An unhandled exception "Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException"
on line 229 of SearchResults.aspx, please uninstall Windows security update (KB2698365) from Microsoft.
11. If you have any other problems refer to http://sourceforge.net/projects/ixsf/support