iPAQ 214 Android Project
Project site: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ipaq214android/
Although some files may not be modified, it is recommended to update the files
Please refer to the Wiki for installing.
You can refer to the Release Notes for more information.
* Bluetooth should be partly working. At least the bdaddr isn't correct.
* ALSA sound support should be included, but not enabled by default. See release
notes for details.
* Please make good use of shutting down in Android. Press and hold the "Mail"
button (if you are lucky you can get it without the screen getting dim). As
soon as the screen comes to a halt you can *safely* reset your device.
* Built with full language support.
* LCD backlight brightness can be set in Android UI.
* WiFi can be started and stopped correctly.
* The FAT partition of the SD card can be accessed in Android, though this is
mainly useless without suitable Apps.
* Hopefully WiFi can start, connect and you can browse the internet. Stopping
WiFi, however, will cause problem.
* Hopefully I've got the touchscreen correct. This requires new kernel image
and root filesystem.
TSLib isn't available in this version.
* I've tried to make the first partition (FAT16/vfat) to work as the sdcard in
Android, but failed. You can try playing with "system/vold.fstab" and if you
can fix it, tell us how!
* I've attempted to write "performance" to the cpu frequency scaling, just like
in Angstrom. Appearantly, the touch response in "Dev Tools -> Pointer
Location" is quicker (you can try commenting out the "write" line in
"init.ipaq214.rc" and compare), but the general graphics performance is still
* Initial release. Having Gingerbread running roughly.