The Interplanetary Overlay Network (ION) software distribution is an implementation of Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN) architecture as described in Internet RFC 4838. It includes implementations of the DTN Bundle Protocol, the Licklider Transmission Protocol, the new "streamlined" Bundle Security Protocol, bundle-in-bundle encapsulation, Bundle Streaming Service, and two CCSDS application protocols that have been adapted to run over the BP/LTP stack: the CCSDS File Delivery Protocol and Asynchronous Message Service.
If you're interested in the use of Delay-Tolerant Networking in space flight operations, check out the Interplanetary Networking Chapter of the Internet Society: ipnsig.org.
Still investigating some FreeBSD anomalies. If you run into problems, please post to ion-dtn-support.
- Compressed bundle header encoding for efficient bandwidth utilization
- Bundle Streaming Service, for streaming audio, video, and telemetry over DTN
- Aggregate Custody Signaling, to control uplink bandwidth consumption
- Delay-Tolerant Payload Conditioning, for "transport"-like functionality over BP, plus application data aggregation and elision
- An adaptation of the DTNperf performance monitoring tool for DTN
There are no 4 star reviews.