Impro-Visor® is a music notation tool for producing monophonic lead sheets. Chord symbols are used to generate backing tracks automatically. Improvisation advice exists in the form of note coloration, database of licks, and automatic lick generation from grammars. Grammars can be learned automatically from transcriptions. Styles can be edited and created by the user. Other features include generation of roadmaps for understanding keys and idiomatic chord progressions, chord voicing keyboard, MIDI and MusicXML export. See http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~keller/jazz/improvisor for general information, including tutorials. Support and additional resources are through the user group https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/impro-visor/info.
The most recent source code, since summer of 2015, is housed here: https://github.com/Impro-Visor/Impro-Visor
This started when SourceForge was down for over one week during an active development period.
- Impro-Visor = Improvisation Advisor, focused on leadsheets with monophonic melody
- Music notation using point-and-click, with visual harmonic hints and advice
- Uniform interface on all major platforms (Windows, MacOSX, Linux)
- Huge store of musical knowledge about chords, scales, licks, etc.
- Music saved as text files, can be entered as text if desired
- Auto-generated accompaniment from chord progressions
- Roadmap generator (showing keys and chord bricks)
- Automatic grammatical inference for melodic styles
- Automatic lick generation from grammars
- User-specifiable accompaniment styles
- MusicXML import thru MuseScore
- MusicXML and MIDI exports
- Active trading of "fours", etc.
- MIDI import (single track)
- Easy, fast chord entry
- Style editor
There are no 4 star reviews.