This directory contains installs based on the IFC Exporter code for Revit 2014 and Revit LT 2014. New installs will be created when:
- There is a major Revit release or update release.
- There is a critical change to the source code.
- Periodically, if any significant changes have been made since the last install.
(3.13.0) IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 v3.13.0.msi
IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 Source v3.13.0.zip
- Allow IfcLongName to override the "LongName" attribute for levels.
- Rooms can now be exported from 3D views even when exporting only elements visible in view. If the option is chosen to export rooms, then all rooms inside or bordering the bounding box of the section box will be exported. If the section box isn't active, all rooms will be exported.
- Work in progress: users can now opt to export files according to the IFC4 Reference View MVD. This will result in IFC4 files that use IfcTriangulatedFaceSet instead of IfcFacetedBRep, resulting in significantly smaller IFC files. There are still some cases where IfcFacetedBReps show up in these files, and there are some cases where the tessellation isn't optimized for the reference view; this will be improved in upcoming releases.
- Fix export of files with a project north value different than true north that would cause a slight shift in elevation.
- Fix export of some IfcCurveBoundedPlanes with more outer loops than inner loops.
- Fix the location of some assemblies on export.
- Fix the base quantities export for walls and columns when they are split by level.
- Improve splitting of walls in some cases when they are split by level on export.
- Improved the export of some entities with extruded surface geometry with clippings and openings where some clippings and openings were not being exported.
- Properly scale the volume of columns when base quantities are exported for non-imperial projects.
(3.12.0) IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 v3.12.0.msi
IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 Source v3.12.0.zip
- Moved some more native code into the open source .NET code.
- Revit spaces support IfcLongName to override the "LongName" parameter.
- Allow export of an instance of a face-based door or window family placed on a wall.
- Correctly associate IfcFlowSegment to its associated IfcPipeSegmentType entity when exporting gutters.
- Don't do special calculations to generate geometry for stairs, ramps, and railings that aren't multi-story.
- Don't export "NOTDEFINED" as the type value if the user hasn't specified a value. This was especially a problem for IFC entities that didn't have "NOTDEFINED" as a valid value, such as IfcBuildingElementProxy.
- Fix the exported height of some walls that have vertical regions defined that extend beyond the actual height of the wall.
- Fix the exported placement of some objects such as railings when the "Use Solid Models if Possible" UI option was used.
- Improve performance when exporting 1st level space boundaries by not calculating the boundary information twice.
- Significantly improve performance when trying to export a highly-tessellated geometry.
- When splitting walls and columns on export, ignore non-building storeys when doing the split.
(3.11.0) IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 v3.11.0.msi
IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 Source v3.11.0.zip
- (IFC2x3) Use an alternate coarser representation for some simple sweeps that significantly reduces the number of facets if the UI option to use coarse representations for some BReps and profiles is enabled.
- (IFC4) Use IfcSurfaceCurveSweptAreaSolid for some simple sweeps instead of IfcFacetedBRep.
- (IFC4) Support IfcFootingType.CAISSON_FOUNDATION.
- Add support for Pset_DoorWindowGlazingType and Pset_DoorWindowShadingType.
- Add support for properties of type IfcNormalisedRatioMeasure.
- Allow export of in-place roofs as extrusions in any direction, not just Z direction.
- Allow use of shared parameter "IfcPresentationLayer" to override IfcPresentationLayer for an element.
- Export linked Revit files as separate IFCs as a UI option. Note that IFC linked instances will be re-exported; we will look to optimize this in a future release.
- Family instances can be exported as IfcSpace/IfcSpaceType.
- Revit floors and building pads can now be exported as IfcCovering, IfcFooting, IfcRamp or IfcSlab. Foundation slabs will now default to "BASESLAB" instead of "FLOOR".
- If all of the geometry of a mass belongs to the same sub-category, that sub-category will determine the IFC entity type in the IFC export layer mapping table.
- UI for coarse tessellation now includes profile loops for extrusions.
- Use a coarser representation for extrusion profiles that have more than 24 segments if the UI option to use coarse representations for some BReps and profiles is enabled.
- Use the "schedule level parameter" for Family Instances when determining which level the instance is on. If the instance is of a nested family, use the "schedule level parameter" of the top-level family.
- (IFC4) Allow export of files when a currency is set in the Revit units. Also, better export of the monetary unit.
- Allow ceilings with finish layers with no material id assigned to be exported.
- Allow export of imperfect geometry, generally previously imported, that can't calculate its volume.
- Don't create IfcMaterialLayer unless also exporting IfcMaterialLayerSet.
- Don't fail export if there are trailing spaces in the Classification Field Name.
- Don't try to get shared coordinate information from projects whose project position has been incorrectly deleted.
- Don't use IFCMonetaryUnit if IFC2x3 Coordination View 2.0 option is set.
- Extend the footprint profile of some walls with full height openings at one of the two ends of the wall to include the opening footprint.
- Fix height of the space boundaries for some doors and windows in metric units.
- Fix update of some files with old UI saved configurations.
- The local placement of some doors and windows would sometimes refer directly to the building story if they referred to a stale opening local placement. Always make sure to always refer to the correct local placement.
- The ObjectType and Description fields for IfcBuildingStorey were previously reversed. This has been fixed.
(3.10.0) IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 v3.10.0.msi
IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 Source v3.10.0.zip
- Changed the heuristic used to determine what the "primary" view is for each exported level, necessary if exporting 2D annotations. Previously, depending on the base template, some exports choose the site view over the plan view for the base level.
- Extend use of ExtrusionAnalyser to simple mullion geometry, allow some highly faceted BReps to be exported as extrusions with clippings instead.
- Fix scaling issues of many wall base quantities.
- Fix some cases where walls with openings at their base were exported with the wrong footprint.
- Fix filter for space export based on selected phase.
- Get correct space for family instances based on phase chosen on export, instead of the space in the last phase.
(3.9.0) IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 v3.9.0.msi
IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 Source v3.9.0.zip
- A lot of changes have been made to make the IFC exporter create better COBie data, and work more closely with the new COBie exporter, found at http://www.autodesk.com/content/dam/autodesk/www/campaigns/interoperability/COBieExtensionSetup_v1.0.exe. Note that the COBie
exporter is for 2014 only, but the changes to create better COBie data were ported to the 2013 IFC exporter also. Please see the SourceForge wiki for more information.
- Add support for IfcActorRole.
- Add support for IfcBuildingElementProxyType (for IFC2x3 and IFC4; not supported in IFC2x2).
- Add some support for IfcRailingType (not for all cases).
- Add classifications to IfcBuildingStorey, IfcSystem and IfcZone.
- Allow some proxies to be parts of MEP IfcSystems.
- Better naming of distribution ports (Revit connectors), consistent with COBie requirements.
- Get COBie contact information from the new COBie toolkit if it is available.
- Remove use of .ELEMENT. for IfcBuildingElementProxy, which is obsolete in IFC4.
- Set the description of connection types for wall connections consistent with COBie requirements.
- Support export of user defined property sets.
- Don't stop looking for custom classification codes when an empty classification code is found; check all 10.
- Set ceilings as space boundaries regardless of which MVD is being used.
- Use correct family type when creating classification information for types.
(3.8.0) IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 v3.8.0.msi
IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 Source v3.8.0.zip
- Allow the user to specify the name of one field that will serve as a classification.
- Allow the user to specify which phase to export, instead of defaulting to the last phase.
- Unlimited number of generic "ClassificationCode (x)" fields (up from 10). Note: this was reverted with v3.9.0 to 10, to allow for blank classification codes.
- Always export OmniClass information if it exists, even if another classification is always provided.
- Export some missing BRep IfcOpeningElements when a wall split by level had an insert that spanned multiple levels.
- IFC4: don't export obsolete IfcRelOccupiesSpaces; use IfcRelAssignsToActor instead.
(3.7.1) IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 v3.7.1.msi
IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 Source v3.7.1.zip
- Avoid potential crash when storing IFC GUIDs in the file after export.
- Fix parameter scaling for many parameter types when exporting schedules as property sets.
(3.7.0) IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 v3.7.0.msi
IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 Source v3.7.0.zip
- Create IfcTelecomAddress containing the primary e-mail address of the user if it is set via the alternate UI.
- Major improvements on exporting correct values for parameters, including:
- Continuing cleanup of code to make adding new parameters easier.
- Limited support for currency, based on supported values in Revit. Some shared currencies (e.g., dollar, krona) may not always have the right locale set.
- Improve scaling for parameter values on export to respect offset values, primarily for temperature.
- Support for Celsius in addition to Kelvin.
- Support for electrical illuminance, luminous flux, luminous intensity, luminous efficacy, and pressure.
- Separate units for color temperature vs. thermodynamic temperature.
- Export styled items for extrusions if exporting solid models via the alternate UI.
- Fix regression where items that should have been contained in an IfcSpace were no longer attached to either the IfcSpace or the IfcBuildingStorey.
- Improved control over exporting reveals and wall sweeps.
(3.6.0) IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 v3.6.0.msi
IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 Source v3.6.0.zip
- Minor cleanup to remove extraneous arguments from some functions.
- Remove some obsolete code for old IFCDoorStyleOperation and IFCWIndowStyleOperation.
- Add support for Force properties (Newtons).
- Correct flow direction calculation for some connector domains that would abort export of connector information.
- Export Authorization field in header as a null string ('$') instead of an empty string if it is not set.
- Export correct values for IfcDoor operation.
- Export internal ElementId Revit properties as IfcLabel, not IfcText.
- Export respects visibility settings of curtain panels if exporting elements in the current view.
- Fix export of some schedules with non-exportable fields that would prevent export with exporting of schedules as property sets on.
- Fix some caching issues with some parameter values.
- Protect against abort of export when trying to export some invalid systems in the Revit file.
- Set 2D representations of families to "FootPrint" representation, not "Annotation".
- Use IfcMaterial, not IfcMaterialList, if there is only 1 material in the list.
- Use IfcMaterialList, not IfcMaterialLayerUsage, for more BRep-based host objects.
(3.5.0) IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 v3.5.0.msi
IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 Source v3.5.0.zip
- Initialize GUIDOptions so that GUIDUtil.CreateGUID(element) can be used outside of the exporter code.
- Remove filterView argument from many functions; used cached value instead.
- Various minor optimizations to slightly improve the time to export.
- IFC4: Allow export of 0 thickness material layers.
- IFC4: Export IfcFootingType (IFC2x3: use IfcTypeObject instead) for wall-based footings only.
- Allow export schedules as custom property sets. The name of the schedule is the property set name; the column names are the IFC parameter names.
- Allow export of solid models, which allow for mixing BReps and extrusions for an entity. This can result in smaller IFC files.
- Export IfcCurtainWallType (IFC2x2: use IfcTypeObject instead).
- Export the currently selected non-primary design option when exporting in current view only mode.
- Use the base level parameter of an element to determine which level to associate the element to; use geometric containment only for cases where this is no base level.
- Don't export some extraneous local placements.
- Don't export type if instance isn't exported for family.
- Fix Pset_CoveringCommon: Thickness -> TotalThickness
- Generic rework of how instance and type properties are assigned to IFC entities. If an exported entity has a related type object, then the entity will have the instance properties assigned, and the type object the type properties. If there is no type object, the exported entity will contain both instance and type properties. This should also remove any repetition of exported property sets.
- Look at all "ZoneName X" shared parameters for a room even if some have no value. This still assumes that they are sequential (i.e., if there is no "ZoneName 4" shared parameter at all, "ZoneName 5" will not be processed).
- Prevent export of IfcPolyLoops with less than 3 vertices.
- Properly scale all known Revit parameter types to the units specified for the IFC file. Note that there are potentially many Revit parameter types that map to one unit type (e.g., PipeSize, WireSize, and Length are both length parameters); we do not create different units for each of these, but instead use the main unit type.
- Respect visibility options of curtain wall panels and mullions when exporting in current view only mode.
- Use category id as default for IfcCoverings for ceilings, floors, and roofs.
(3.4.0) IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 v3.4.0.msi
IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 Source v3.4.0.zip
- Added basic support for IFC4 export, corresponding to the Coordination View 2.0 MVD. Please see the Wiki for more details. This requires Revit 2014 Update Release 1 to be installed. Note that currently the ifcXML format for IFC4 is not supported.
- Minor performance improvement by reducing the number of calls to the IFC export mapping table.
- This version is the Revit MEP certified version of the exporter. Revit is now certified for all 3 possible export certifications: Architectural, Structural, and MEP.
- Add new MEP property sets: Pset_SanitaryTerminalBath, Pset_SanitaryTerminalShower, Pset_SanitaryTerminalSink, Pset_SanitaryTerminalWashBasin
- Add support for IfcRelCoversBldgElements for ducts and pipes.
- Allow association of property set descriptions to a specific pre-defined type of an entity.
- Allow exporting foundation and retaining walls as IfcFooting, if set in the IFC export mapping table, or using "IfcExportAs" for the particular wall.
- Export "SiteLandTitleNumber" and "SiteLongName" shared parameters from Project Information to IfcSite, if they are set.
- Optionally allow storing the generated IFC GUIDs into the project file after export. This will add "IFC GUID" parameters to elements, their types, and Project Information for Project, Site, and Building GUIDS. This requires version v2.4 of the alternate UI to set the option, and requires a manual save.
- Add base equipment to the IfcSystem.
- Correct export of true north for IfcSite.
- Move more local coordinate systems closer to the entity's geometry.
(3.3.2) IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 v3.3.2.msi
IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 Source v3.3.2.zip
- Read in ParameterMappingTable.txt, which allows users to specify a mapping from Revit properties to IFC common parameter sets. Please see the Wiki on custom parameter mapping for more information.
- Special thanks to: Tom Pesman (http://nl.linkedin.com/in/tompesman) and the Dutch Revit User Group (www.revitgg.nl / www.dutchrevitstandards.com) for their contribution of this improvement to the Open Source.
- Properly export space containment for equipment.
(3.3.0) IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 v3.3.0.msi
IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 Source v3.3.0.zip
- #CV-2x3-166: change the corresponding instance entity class for IfcSpaceHeaterType from IfcEnergyConversionDevice to IfcFlowTerminal.
- Assign correct Revit internal properties for elements in containers.
- Allow MEP zones to export Pset_ZoneCommon, fix 2 property names.
- Fix export of multi-story ramps.
- Fix orientation of some connectors.
- Properly calculate Ceiling:Finish property. Previously, the value was not reset between ceilings, resulting in an ever-growing list of finish materials.
- Prevent duplicate GUIDs for some elements and Psets that re-used the same GUID values. Note that this will have the effect of a one-time change of GUID values for some IfcPropertySets.
- Stop duplication of Cartesian points in the output of some BReps.
(3.2.0) IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 v3.2.0.msi
IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 Source v3.2.0.zip
- Add property sets: Pset_ElectricalDeviceCommon, Pset_SwitchingDeviceTypeCommon, Pset_SwitchingDeviceTypeToggleSwitch
- Add support for electrical current, electrical voltage, frequency, and positive plane angle units.
- Allow Name/ObjectType/Description override for IfcSystem.
- Allow using "IfcExportAs" = "DontExport" to remove an individual element or type from the export.
- Export DuctLining.
- Export Groups, including nested groups, as IfcGroup.
- Export electrical systems and connectors.
- Export local coordinate system for IfcDistributionPorts.
- Export PipeInsulation.
- Allow MEP zones to export Pset_ZoneCommon, fix 2 property names.
- Correct export of parts for Coordination View 2.0.
- Correct height of Revit Areas.
- Correct material assignment for generic MEP exporter.
- Correct units and unit scaling for volumetric flow rate.
- Fix export of multi-storey stairs.
- Get material for ducts and pipes from system.
- Properly associate internal ElementType Revit property sets with IfcElementType, instead of adding to instances.
- Properly scale door and window lining properties.
- Protect against trying to add a null property to an IfcPropertySet.
- Remove extraneous property sets when exporting Rebars.
- Remove stale IfcSurfaceStyle and IfcPresentationStyleAssignment handles from caches for some aborted attempts to export items as multiple IfcExtrudedAreaSolid.
- Return correct Boolean value for GetBooleanAttribute function.
(3.1.0) IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 v3.1.0.msi
IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 Source v3.1.0.zip
- This is the Coordination View 2.0 export-certified version for Revit Architecture 2014 and Revit Structure 2014, corresponding roughly to version 2.9 for Revit 2013.
- Removed various R2013 certification-related hotfixes and replaced with more robust solutions.
- Support for radians as an angle measure.
- Support Slope property for various common property sets.
(3.0.0) IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 v3.0.0.msi
IFC Exporter for Revit 2014 Source v3.0.0.zip
Initial release, based on Revit 2014.
New Functionality from Revit 2013:
- Add various utility classes, such as the UnitUtil class to make unit conversion cleaner.
- Moved more routines and classes to .NET from native code, allowing for greater customization possibilities. Obsoleted various ExporterIFCUtils API routines.
- Renamed top-level namespace from BIM.IFC to Revit.IFC.Export and Revit.IFC.Common.