iAlertU is an alarm system for your Apple MacBook that uses the built in motion detection to trigger the alarm and the iSight to capture the image of the thief.
Among many other features, it incorporates the ability for users with iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to connect to and control iAlertU remotely.
- iPhone integration (0.71 and later)
- Snow Leopard Support
- Leopard 10.5.8 Support (up to v0.69 only)
- Auto arming at login
- Option screenshot capture with every iSight photo.
- Support for multi-screen Mac's
- Command line support for manual snaps; good for remote access.
- Multi-lingual support for German, Dutch, French, English, Spanish and Korean
- CoreLocation support. iAlertU will attempt to locate your Mac for you!
- Integrated login item support.
- Applescript support (0.69 and later).
- Spoken alarm (0.70 and later)
- Configurable device filters (0.70 and later)
- User selectable sounds and logo (0.70 and later)
I'm using OS X 10.11.4. 1. When I try to arm the alarm, the alarm immediately alert. 2. When I close lid, the alarm disarm but arm whenever I open the lid back. 3. The password can key in again if I key in wrongly by hitting the backspace then key in the correct password. 4. If I quit and enter the app again, it won't sound when I arm but still will sound after few seconds even though nobody is touching the laptop.
All the bad guy has to do is power quit your computer by holding down the on/off button, and this app is bypassed. I liked iAlertU until I discovered that one. ....deleting it as i write this. Going to look for some kind of a pressure pad alarm system that is weight sensitive to place under my macbookpro.
Great idea, but doesn't work at all on Snow Leopard. Alarm shuts off after seconds, photo is taken but not sent,
Useless on Snow Leopard.
Crashes on Snow Leopard