"I18N" means way more than just translation. Other libraries claim to be an i18n solution when translation and string formatting is really all they offer. Yes, iLib has classes that do translation too, but there is also much, much more. From date formatting to name parsing to phone number handling to collation, iLib has classes that do it. And, it has the ability to support thousands of possible locales.
Everything in iLib is written in pure JS with minimal platform dependencies, so it works the same way in many different environments and browsers, from Chrome to Opera to node to Qt/QML. Over 17K unit tests help to guarantee this.
ILib is also the library of choice for enyo apps on webOS which ships on over 10 million LG SmartTVs in over 135 countries. Give it a try and see if it can work for your app too!
Check the Files tab above to download pre-assembled copies for browsers, a set of CommonJS style modules, or use it in nodejs: "npm install ilib"
- date/time, duration, & date range formatting
- number, percentage, and currency formatting and parsing
- calendar support, including Gregorian, Julian, Arabic civil, Hebrew, Persian, and Chinese lunar calendars
- time zones support for all current IANA time zones
- string translation/localization, including pseudo-translation
- string formatting with replacement parameters, including choice formats, and complex slavic plurals
- "ctype" functions for use with parsing strings
- Unicode Normalization Algorithm + code point and glyph break iterators
- info objects which return information about locales, time zones, scripts, or currencies
- address parsing and formatting
- name parsing and formatting
- units conversion and formatting
- phone number parsing and formatting, as well as number normalization and matching
- can support any locale in CLDR (~ 700 or so), plus any combination of language, script, and country
- Comes with a "JSAssemble" tool that allows you to pick and choose only those classes and locales you need, to create a small and succinct js file to include in your HTML
- Runs in multiple browsers, mobile browsers, nodejs, Qt/QML 5.4+, or rhino
Be the first to post a review of iLib!