Binary (hexadecimal) editor for Windows
- Six color schemes to interpret bytes visually. Every of them tryies to fit some functionality (for example text analyzing) and user preferences.
- Unlimited undo
- x86 disassembler
- Import and export to 20 different formats of binary files, including Intel Hex, Motorola S-Record, Atmel standard etc.
- Ability to find repeating patterns in data
- Pixel viewer to visualise binaries as bitmaps
- Filter text from binary data
- Very fast Boyer-Moore find algorithm
- Highlights selected byte strings in data to ease navigation thru it
- Create structures of simple data types like integers or floating point numbers to better interpret and faster edit data
- Very fast pseudo random number generator
- Allows recording macro scripts to automate tasks
Text is too small without anyway to change the size or zoom in. Really?! This whole point is TO SEE THE VALUES, making this "project", "tool", "P.O.S." an absolute failure.
best free hex editor, hope development will continue
Taking off two stars specifically for the uselessly small default font. Nearly gave up with this thing until I found that I can change to a legible font under View -> Options. Other than that, so far it's doing what I need.
Thank you for the good program
The font used by the application can be changed under menu: View -> Options... I did also have the problem with a very small font, but selecting another font solved that problem.