Binary (hexadecimal) editor for Windows
- Six color schemes to interpret bytes visually. Every of them tryies to fit some functionality (for example text analyzing) and user preferences.
- Unlimited undo
- x86 disassembler
- Import and export to 20 different formats of binary files, including Intel Hex, Motorola S-Record, Atmel standard etc.
- Ability to find repeating patterns in data
- Pixel viewer to visualise binaries as bitmaps
- Filter text from binary data
- Very fast Boyer-Moore find algorithm
- Highlights selected byte strings in data to ease navigation thru it
- Create structures of simple data types like integers or floating point numbers to better interpret and faster edit data
- Very fast pseudo random number generator
- Allows recording macro scripts to automate tasks
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
v2.6 - The font size is so small it's unusable on Server 2012 R2 and Windows 10. Don't bother downloading v2.6 until this issue is fixed.
The text is too small on windows 10 and screen resolution at 1920x1080
Made an account just to give this the lowest possible rating. Wasted over three days trying to debug an embedded system which was never broken. This software incorrectly displayed the binary files I was using. It wasn't until a colleague opened some of my binaries in a different editor. He said "you're not going to like this", because his editor correctly read the binary and revealed the system was working the whole time.
This is a GREAT hex editor! For some reason the default font is microscopic, but you can change that in VIEW > OPTIONS > Font. I REALLY LOVE the dark color themes! So much easier on the eyes! And the ability to paste clipboard data as different data types is VERY handy as well. Just one wish... to add compare functions (or maybe I haven't discovered them yet?)
Text is too small without anyway to change the size or zoom in. Really?! This whole point is TO SEE THE VALUES, making this "project", "tool", "P.O.S." an absolute failure.