GWT Uploader is a freely available open source GWT library that encapsulates the file upload capabilities provided by the File and XMLHttpRequest Level 2 APIs as well as the SWFUpload library.
Using GWT Uploader allows for enhanced file upload dialogs (multiple uploads, drag and drop, queues, parallel streams, etc.) and interactive interfaces (upload progress indicators, real-time throughput display, etc.) within GWT applications using pure Java code that provides a consistent experience across all browsers.
- Simple: Adds consistent file upload support to all modern browsers with a single implementation, while still supporting legacy browsers automatically.
- Customizable Interfaces: GWT Uploader exposes all the file upload capabilities as a GWT Widget, making it easy to create your own aesthetic for your upload controls or leave it simple and benefit from the multiple file selection and queued uploading. Convenient methods are also provided to enable file uploads via a familiar drag and drop approach.
- Clean Syntax: The API is built using fluent methods that allow you to manage the configuration options of the the upload control using syntax that is nearly as tight as JSON.
- Dynamic: GWT Uploader automatically includes the necessary plugin capabilities to expose various throughput and performance metrics of the uploads during and after an upload.
- Documented: Every class and method of the API is thoroughly documented, including numerous code and syntax examples throughout.
- Examples: The demonstration examples provide several basic examples of upload interfaces that demonstrate the flexibility and integration opportunities available, with each example including a convenient "View Source" button that will allow you to see the code behind each implementation.
Be the first to post a review of GWT Uploader!