README file for GSVideo-stable
GSVideo 1.0.0 (2011-10-04)
* Using updated gstreamer binaries for Windows and OSX.
* Automatic switching between 32 and 64 bits modes.
* Added 64 bits support to windows.
* Dropped support for OSX 10.5 (Leopard).
* Added gst-inspect/gst-launch tools.
* Slightly better camera selection in OSX.
* Resolution and fps query methods in GSCapture have better error handling.
* Renamed some functions (play->start, pause->stop) in GSCapture.
* Added newFrame/oldFrame methods to improve performance during playback.
* Fixed implementation of jump-to-position method, and added isSeeking() method
to use in combination with jump()
* Added OpenCV/FaceDetection example showing integration with OpenCV library.
* Added finalizers to dipose native resources if they haven't been removed with
* Added missing initialization calls.
* Added copy in the buffer destination method to avoid threading issues when combining
GSVideo 0.9 (2011-05-16)
* Added pixel destination mode that allows to copy native frames from gstreamer directly into
a destination object, such as a GLTexture from GLGraphics. In this case, the frames are already
color-converted in OpenGL's RGBA format, which reduces significantly CPU utilization.
* Added GLGraphics category in the examples, showing the use of the new pixel destination mode.
* Added better buffering in GSMovieMaker.
* Fixed framerate setting in GSMovie and GSPlayer.
* Fixed issue when rendering frames with the JAVA2D renderer when the stream is still not initialized.
* Removed width>1, height>1 condition from examples using P2D
* Updated Capture examples to use default framerate.
GSVideo 0.8 (2011-03-15)
* Using GStreamer-WinBuilds 0.10.7 Beta 4, and GStreamer 0.10.32 from MacPorts.
* Framerate detection for windows. Single backslashes are replaced by double backslashes to avoid path problems in gstreamer.
* Added the Raw examples for Player and Pipelines
* Implemented RAW mode in GSPipeline and GSPlayer.
* Removing streaming examples for the time being
* Minor corrections to GettingStartedCapture examples.
* Added setEventHandlerObject to GSCapture
* Added resolution and framerate query to GSCapture.
* Updated Speed example, added Reverse.
* Fixed bug 3133972.
* Implemented working versions of length, frame, and jump (to frame) methods in GSMovie and GSPlayer. Also added duration, time, and jump (to time) to GSPipeline.
* Added Frames example.
* Removed Capture2File and FastWebcam examples, added Audio and Capture.
* Applied patch by Charl P. Botha which fixes thread issues when reading new frames in GSCapture, GSMovie, GSPlayer, and GSPipeline.
* Event listeners in GSMovie, GSPlayer, GSCapture and GSPipeline classes are removed in delete() to avoid memory leaks.
* Additional checks and exception handling in the delete() methods.
* Fixed color swap problem. Updated pipelines/Test example since now there is no more need to explicity set the colorspace
* Finer-grained options to control location of gstreamer libraries.
* Added isPlaying(), isPaused(), and isLooping() methods to GSMovie.
* Improved mechanism to detect if global installation of gstreamer is available. User can override automatic search by specifying global directory with GSVideo.globalGSteamerPathLinux, GSVideo.globalGSteamerPathMacOSX, and GSVideo.globalGSteamerPathWindows static variables.
* Added delete() and dispose() methods to all the classes. Replaced PlayBin with PlayBin2 in GSMovie and GSPlayer.
GSVideo 0.7 (2010-08-21)
* Library package was split into Linux, Mac and Windows versions.
* Support for audio-only pipelines.
* Various improvements in GSMovieMaker (new codecs, automatic file format detection).
* Added static field GSVideo.passDirectBuffer that allows to control de use of
direct buffer passing in gstreamer-java. By default the value is true, which should result
in better performance since no new buffers are created when reading video frames.
* Added setEventHandlerObject method to GSPipeline and GSPlayer, so the object with the event
handler methods can be different from PApplet.
* Mac support, now GSVideo on OSX doesn't need additional installs. Exported applications work as
well, although they result in large files because are bundled with all the gstreamer libs.
* Fixed implementation of GSMovie.speed() method. Now it works as expected, even for backwards
* The 64 bits Mac packages are missing the osxvideosrc plugin used for video capture. This is
because osxvideosrc relies on the older 32-bit Carbon QuickTime API, which has been deprecated in
64-bit mode. The plugin needs to be rewritten for the newer Cocoa QTKit API (which will work in
32-bit and 64-bit modes).
* Switching from global to local gstreamer could lead to the following error:
0:00:00.007000000 3648 0002E788 ERROR GST_REGISTRY gstregistrybinary.c:557:
gst_registry_binary_read_cache: Binary registry type not recognized (invalid magic) for file
The solution is just to delete the registry.i686.bin file
GSVideo 0.6 (2009-07-26 - 2010-05-12)
* Added GSMovieMaker.queuedFrames() method (following to suggestion from Job).
* Library loading mechanism slightly reworked.
* Fixed problem with seek method.
* Re-encoded station.mov with H264
* Replaced decodebin with decodebin2
* It also solves some memory handling/performance issues on all platforms (https://sourceforge.net/projects/gsvideo/forums/forum/813596/topic/3683197).
* Fixed bug that prevented from running exported applications.