gretl is a cross-platform software package for econometric analysis, written in the C programming language.
- Easy, intuitive GUI
- Sophisticated (OLS, MLE, GMM, system estimation)
- Internationalized (10 languages besides English)
- PowerShell cmdlet: Find disabled or inactive users in Active Directory
- PowerShell cmdlet: Discover new users in Active Directory
- Infographic: Top IT Security Risks of 2017
- Free tool of the month: Netwrix Auditor Free Community Edition
nice ,not bad not bad at all
A stunning collaborative project for econometrics.
You want to conduct serious statistic and econometric analysis? Forget STATA, use Gretl! Fantastic software which is so intuitive to use. Beginners use the excellent GUI while others use the cli or the matrix-based programming language "hansl".
pros: it is easy to use and open source.. cons: *it's features are basic level *gui design is poor (no "integrated windows" option, icons are bad and sometimes some windows (like time series modellig setttings) not suitable for smaller size screens). as just an opinion: * there are no enough examples in its manual for its puseudo codes. *Support/developing can be slow (but as they say "u can always contribute for a faster progress" after all it is open source). * it seems they dont want it to be more than an "eviews like program". learn a programming language and make your own codes. it will make u better in statistical analysis