Greenshot at a GlanceUsing Greenshot is effortless; it took just a few minutes to install and launch. Upon launch, we noticed four hotkey combinations that are preset to capture images and the option to personalize them. In Greenshot, after you select an image it turns green momentarily and then produces a camera shutter sound to let you know your image was created. And, once you've taken a shot and captured it to your desired format (JPEG, BMP, GIF and PNG), you can embellish the shot with arrows, text, etc. Besides the ability to set preset formats, you have the option to configure Greenshot to save your images directly to the clipboard or send them to the printer.
Product DetailsHere is a detailed breakdown of Greenshot’s features:
- Capture images—Greenshot quickly createw screenshots of a selected region, window, or full screen; you can even capture complete (scrolling) web pages from Internet Explorer.
- Edit Images—Greenshot easily annotates, highlights, or obfuscates parts of the screenshot.
- Share images—Greenshot exports screenshots in various ways: save to file, send to printer, copy to clipboard, attach to email, send Office programs or upload to photo sites like Flickr or Picasa, and others.
- Additional options—Greenshot offers lots of additional options to simplify your work with screenshots, like optical character recognition (OCR).
- Multi-language support—Greenshot supports 32 languages worldwide.
|Greenshot captures images quickly and has a number of built-in presets that allow you to customize it to your liking.||Greenshot doesn’t allow you to alter built-in images or reverse dark background colors like Snagit does.|
- Version: 220.127.116.11
- Date added: July 09, 2014
- Operating systems: Windows
Greenshot is a lightweight screenshot software tool for Windows that quickly creates screenshots of a selected region, window, or full screen; you can even capture complete (scrolling) web pages from Internet Explorer. Greenshot easily annotates, highlights, or obfuscates parts of the screenshot. Greenshot also exports screenshots in various ways: save to file, send to printer, copy to clipboard, attach to e-mail, send Microsoft Office programs, or upload to photo sites like Flickr or Picasa. And Greenshot has a lot more options, to simplify the creation of, and work with, screenshots every day. Overall, Greenshot is easy to understand and configurable, that's why it is an efficient tool for project managers, software developers, technical writers, testers, and anyone else creating screenshots.
- Capture complete or partial screenshots
- Easily annotate, highlight, or obfuscate screenshots
- Send screenshots to a file, the clipboard, a printer, or as email attachments
Yeah, great product – when it FAD. One of my laptops it works on, the other it does not, because I cannot access preferences. I can’t set my mouse’s right-click functionality, as I have it assigned alternatively. So, if you cannot “right-click” to bring up the menu options – you cannot say, take a picture of only a particular area or use ANY functionality (as I have no idea what the PF keys are set up as – I cannot view the list). So… I went to the bug reporting to open a ticket, and it would not let me – I had to create a sourceforge.net account. OK….did that, returned to open a ticket, and still msg, “we don’t accept anonymous email due to spam fear, so sign it. Clicked the sign in link, to display page, “you are already signed in as”. What a FUBAR way to disallow people using your product to communicate that there are unreported issues, that you need an ALTERNATE means of displaying preferences, etc. Argh.