A program that reads GPS data from a comport, and overlay's the speed in knots, km/h, m/s or miles into live video capture from webcam or other capture device. Written in Borland C++ Builder, and works sometimes on WIndows XP:-) Uses VideoLab VCL.
- Reads $GPRMC sentences from comport, and extracts the speed.
- Popup menu to select comport, speed units and what data should be overlayed the video
- grabs video from camera (or other video capture device), overlays selected data as text
- Video with overlayed text is stored as uncompressed AVI, using LOTS of disk space.
- I made this to make a movie onboard my sailing catamaran when sailing fast :-)
- I'm far from a skilled programmer, but I could not find any existing software filling my need.
- This program does the job for me, but might crash your computer.
- There are some issues with selecting wrong comports, so I recomend selecting the correct port:-)
- You need a fast cpu and a fast disk with lots of space for this.
- It's only one .EXE file, settings are stored in
- Both the .INI and .AVI files are stored in the folder where the .EXE file is.
- You need VideoLab VCL installed to compile the source.
Be the first to post a review of GPS Camera Overlay!