|Name||Modified||Size||Downloads / Week|
|Totals: 2 Items||1.9 MB||3|
CAUTION: Possible thread timing issue with GParted 0.16.0
On April 24, 2013 we released GParted 0.16.0 to address Bug 697727 - Segfault in Gparted 0.15.0 when copying partition. Since then we have discovered another potential issue with timing and multiple threads. This issue appears to occur on older GNU/Linux distributions. In fact the issue was not apparent in our testing of GParted 0.16.0 on recent distros.
Until this problem is resolved we advise using GParted Live 0.14.1-6.
We highly recommend that you BACKUP your DATA before using any partitioning tool.
Regards, Curtis Gedak - April 25, 2013
GParted 0.16.0 (2013-04-24)
This release of GParted includes a critical bug fix for a crash that might cause loss of data while moving or copying a partition. We strongly recommend that all users of GParted 0.15.0 upgrade to GParted 0.16.0 to avoid data loss. Also included are bug fixes, enhancements and language translation updates.
Key changes include:
- Avoid crash in GParted when moving or copying partitions
- Fix GParted scans forever blank disk in virtual machine
- Add support for f2fs file system
- Avoid crash in GParted when moving or copying partitions (#697727)
- Fix GParted scans forever blank disk in virtual machine (#697518)
- Add support for f2fs file system (#695396)
- Improve clearing of file system signatures (#688882)
- Fix absolutely full ntfs reported as error (#697946)
Code enhancements are courtesy of Mike Fleetwood, Patrick Verner, Phillip Susi, and Curtis Gedak
ca(Pau Iranzo), ca@valencia(Carles Ferrando, Pau Iranzo), cs(Marek Černocký), de(Christian Kirbach, Wolfgang Stöggl), es(Nicolás Satragno, Daniel Mustieles), fr(Claude Paroz), hu(Gabor Kelemen), it(Milo Casagrande), lt(Aurimas Černius), pl(Piotr Drąg), pt_BR(Rafael Ferreira), po(Piotr Drąg), ro(Daniel Șerbănescu), sl(Matej Urbančič, Martin Srebotnjak), sr(Мирослав Николић), sr@latin(Miroslav Nikolić), tr(Muhammet Kara)
- f2fs-tools package is required for optional f2fs support.