A cross-platform Bible application for the Linux & Windows communities.
Xiphos is no longer developed at SF; the SVN tree has been locked, the mailing lists are disabled, and we have moved to GitHub. Please see https://github.com/crosswire/xiphos.
Releases up to 4.0.4 are present here. From 4.0.5 onward, see GitHub.
- Fully integrated, tabbed interface for Bible/commentary/dictionary
- User content support: hierarchical bookmarks, personal verse annotations, journals, prayer lists
- Power search capability; footnotes and xrefs; detached windows; text-to-speech support
- Strong's and morphology support, including pseudo-interlinear
- Linux and Windows (XP & later) platforms with active support in IRC and mailing lists
Two of the commentaries are especially useful, namely Quoting Passages and TSK.
I have also used E-sword, and it is an excellent option for reading the Word of God as well, but one thing hindering me from using it more often, was the displaying of Greek [Koine] letters and their sizes. Upon installing Greek bibles and tools in Xiphos, I was more pleased at its way of being able to read those.
I am running Linux as a dual port on my Win 7 netbook. This Bible software is a snap to install and add modules to. My only problem is that the left side of the Xiphos window is cut off - I can't read the left panel content. Anyone know how to address this?
Thank you great software.