A cross-platform Bible application for the Linux & Windows communities.
Xiphos is no longer developed at SF; the SVN tree has been locked, the mailing lists are disabled, and we have moved to GitHub. Please see https://github.com/crosswire/xiphos.
Releases up to 4.0.4 are present here. From 4.0.5 onward, see GitHub.
- Fully integrated, tabbed interface for Bible/commentary/dictionary
- User content support: hierarchical bookmarks, personal verse annotations, journals, prayer lists
- Power search capability; footnotes and xrefs; detached windows; text-to-speech support
- Strong's and morphology support, including pseudo-interlinear
- Linux and Windows (XP & later) platforms with active support in IRC and mailing lists
Follow Xiphos (see github)
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Two of the commentaries are especially useful, namely Quoting Passages and TSK.
I have also used E-sword, and it is an excellent option for reading the Word of God as well, but one thing hindering me from using it more often, was the displaying of Greek [Koine] letters and their sizes. Upon installing Greek bibles and tools in Xiphos, I was more pleased at its way of being able to read those.
I am running Linux as a dual port on my Win 7 netbook. This Bible software is a snap to install and add modules to. My only problem is that the left side of the Xiphos window is cut off - I can't read the left panel content. Anyone know how to address this?
Thank you great software.