GMOL is an application designed to visualize genome structure in 3D. It allows users to view the genome structure at multiple scales, including: global, chromosome, loci, fiber, nucleosome, and nucleotide. This software was built upon the pre-existing Jmol package by Prof. Cheng's group.
The software is developed in Prof. Jianlin Cheng's Bioinformatics, Data Mining and Machine Learning Laboratory in the Computer Science Department at the University of Missouri - Columbia, USA. The project is supported by the National Science Foundation (grant no. DBI1149224).
- Interactively visualize genome structures in 3D
- Supports multiple scales/resolutions: global, chromosome, loci, fiber, nucleosome, nucleotide
- Measure distances and angles between points in the structure
- Rotate and scale models to analyze them even more
- Select parts of the structure based on index, scale, or sequence information
- Get DNA sequence for selected structures or portions of structures
- Includes existing Jmol functions
Be the first to post a review of GMOL!