GloboNote is a free and easy to use desktop note taking application. It lets you create sticky notes, to-do lists, journals, reminders and other notes in one place. There are no limits to the number of sticky notes you can create. Notes can be organize by groups and search using the search tool. GloboNote can be run in any OS that has Java 6 installed.
- Platform Independent. Run on any OS that has Java 6 or higher installed
- Set Alarms. Remind yourself of important events. Set recurring alarm, play custom sound(*.wav, *.aiff or *.mp3)
- Create checklist. Insert checkboxes on note (Ctrl-Shift-C to create checkbox).
- Build-in Calculator. Enter the calculation in the note then press F2
- Organize notes in group. Display/Hide notes according to group
- Customize notes. Change color, font, behavior of your note
- Create note templates and load it using hotkeys(ALT-1 to ALT-8)
- Search Notes. Locate your notes using the search tool. Search while you are typing
- Hide/Show/Park note. Hide or Park unwanted note.
- Attach files on note then double click to launch it
- Attach images on notes. Paste image from clipboard to note
- URL Detection. Support hyperlink detection. Press Ctrl to activate it and click on the detected link to launch appropriate application.
- Find/Replace the content of the note
- Make note to always stay on top of other window
- Support for rich text editing with bold, italic, colour etc
- Roll Up/Down note with a single click
- Adjust transparency level of inactive note
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
I like the functionality and the configurability of it. Unfortunately, the application causes javaw.exe to creep up to hog 12% of CPU. I have all of 2 desktop notes. I find the Java process's CPU hogging unacceptable. Is there a fix or an update that gets past this?
Close source code, license freeware.
The license is not GNU GPL! The code is closed and it is forbidden to make changes!
This is a very nice little desktop note app except for two things, or maybe it's only one thing. I have to ALT=Tab through all the notes on the desktop to get to the application I'm trying to access. I tried reducing the # of notes, by hiding the reminders. The reminders did not remind. :) I don't know if it is because they are not visible on the desktop or not. If you don't mind the inconvenience at tab, tab, tab, tab, ad infinitum, you should like this little sticky. Me, I am looking elsewhere.
Perfectly simple yet complex. Good Job.