README file for GLGraphics-test
The test packages of GLGraphics are intended to try out and debug new features. They might contain several bugs or unfinished functionality.
* Added crop functionality to the texture filter.
* Cleaned up the API to control the tint color in texture filters.
* No need to define special parameters section in the xml file of a texture filter for the clock, size and tint parameters.
* Added CroppedFilter example to Textures.
* Added a try/catch to avoid NoSuchElementException in putPixelsIntoTexture() in GLTexture.
* Load/save vertices from/to binary file in GLModel now uses floats to avoid wrapping issues.
* Added iterative mode to GLTextureFilter, and Textures/Iterative example.
* Fixed bug in GLModel.render(first, last) method (parameters were ignored).
* Added Models/ParticleSystem example.
* Added frame count to GLTextureWindow.
* Added GLTextureWindow removal functionality.
* Making sure that OpenGL context is current when releasing resources in dispose().
* Fixed bug in the argument of GLSLShader.setTexUniform()
* Updated examples (with the addition of KeystoneOutput and a FishEye).
* Added pixel load/update methods to GLGraphicsOffScreen.
* Added methods for direct buffer copy from GSVideo movie objects.
* Fixed GLSL geometry shaders and added GLSLsubdiv example.
* Added GLModel.shininess() method
* Added integration examples (OpenGL, Toxiclibs).
* Small fix in resource mechanism so Cg toolkit is not required unless the Cg or CgFX classes are explicitly used.
* Improved indexed mode API in GLModel class.
* The GLTexture.putPixelsIntoTexture() method takes into account the situation when the source pixels array is not initialized.
* Some code workarounds to ensure that main context change doesn't stop the texture windows from displaying their contents correctly
* Additional tweakings in the GLTextureWindow initialization to take into account situations where the context of the main renderer changes (for example resizing of the main window).
* Some more refinements in the initialization code of GLTextureWindow. Added new arguments to the constructor so texture windows can be created with borders, resizeable, and with an user-selected title string. TextureWindow example updated accordingly.
* Initialization method of GLTextureWindows is re-implemented (again), this time without the use of a separate thread to create frame, renderer, canvas, etc. Tested on Windows 7 64 bits, OSX 10.6.5 and Ubuntu Linux 10.04, and works fine.
* New attempt to solve the NoSuchMethodError error when initializing TextureWindow objects, now the GL capabilities are obtained and stored in GLGraphics.allocate(), to avoid problems when calling getCapabilities from another thread.
* Added try/catch blocks in the initialization of TextureWindow, as an attempt to fix the NoSuchMethodError error reported here:
* Updated TextureWindow example.
* Issues in GLGraphicsOffScreen when width/height is different from main renderer.
* Lights fixes (use of glMaterialfv removed, base light set to almost black).
* New Neon example.
* Corrected typo in GLModel.initTextures method, which was originally named GLModel.initTexures.
* Most of the jogl methods to set shader matrices used Buffer arguments.
They were replaced by the array versions, so there is no need to wrap the float arrays.
* API revision in GLSLShader, CGShader and CGFxShader classes.
* Improved shader examples.
* Added models/GLIntegration example.
* GLTexture.releaseTexture() method is now public.
* Added GLTextureWindow.setLocation(x, y) method.
* Included support for Cg Shaders and CgFX effects (ported from Vitamin's shaderlib).
* GLSLShader class have more methods to use it outside GLTextureFilters (setting uniform and attribute values, texture units)
* New example for visualizing molecules in 3D, using the proscene library for camera handling (models/PDBview).
* Fixed memory leak in GLModel when using the point_sprites mode.