GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. Use GIMP as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, etc. GIMP is expandable and extensible; it can be augmented with plug-ins and extensions to do just about anything. The advanced scripting interface allows everything from the simplest task to the most complex image manipulation procedures to be easily scripted.
GIMP at a GlanceIt was easy to download and launch GIMP, which isn’t surprising because of its maturity. GIMP opens to a three-part UI. The left dialog contains GIMP’s tools, while the right dialog contains its Layers, Channels, Paths, and Brushes. The center holds GIMP’s main image editing area, which you can make full screen with docking dialogs. And you can add tabs to any dialog box to help you keep the all the features you need close at hand!
Product DetailsGIMP is a versatile graphics tool and with some sophisticated built-in features such as:
- Customizable Interface—GIMP allows you to customize its views and behaviors. For example, you can change widget theme colors, spacing, and icon sizes, plus custom toolbox sets.
- Photo Enhancement—Digital photo imperfections can be easily compensated for using GIMP. Corrective mode in the transform tools helps you fix perspective distortion caused by lens tilt and a channel mixer affords you the flexibility you need with B&W photography.
- Digital Retouching—GIMP is ideal for advanced photo retouching. For example, you can remove unwanted details with the clone tool or use the new healing tool to make quick fixes of minor issues like a botched brush stroke.
- Hardware Support—GIMP includes support for various input devices, such as USB controllers, MIDI controllers, and pressure and tilt sensitive tablets. You can change brush properties while you paint and you can bind your favorite scripts to buttons to speed your workflow!
- File Formats—GIMP lets you save images to nearly any imaginable file type. Thanks to a transparent virtual file system, it’s possible to load and save files to and from remote locations using FTP, HTTP, SMB (MS Windows), and SSH protocols. GIMP also transparently compresses files without extra steps to ZIP, GZ, or BZ2 extensions.
|GIMP runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. It has lots of advanced features and there are plenty of plug-ins.||GIMP is complex and takes time to learn, plus plug-ins are necessary for batch processing and to save CMYK images.|
- Version: 2.8.10
- File size: 95.24 MB
- Date added: November 30, 2013
- Price: Free
- Operating systems: Mac OS X and Windows
Follow GIMP on OS X
- Delivering fast and powerful native applications for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, Android, cloud and IoT.
- Rapidly design, build, and run applications optimized for native performance, from a single code base across all platforms.
- Securely connect and embed any data, on any tier, in the Enterprise, or cloud.
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Awesome work with this special, tailor made version of GIMP for OSX. I spent days trying to get some plugins working with the version supplied by gimp.org, but this tailor made version has plugins and themes ready to go. Even shortcut keys are ready for OSX. Awesome!!
Amazing open source image processing tool.
I am totally happy with this software!!!
crashes like mad but still really good program
Зависает при создании пустого изображения. Интерфейс неудобный. Вроде бы все инструменты есть, но как быстро уменьшить размер выделенного куска на картинке. Тормозит все, что MBP, что версия под винду на компе с i7.