GIMP for Windows and Mac with a huge amount of Open Source or otherwise free or public domain plugins. windows version has installer. mac version must be assembled but has zip files.
This package is not officially associated with the GIMP project. I just make this package available for people who need it.
I also included brushes, gradients, patterns.
GIMP 2.8.2 has come out, but it uses GEGL entirely for plugins. because of this, no new version of gimpmp will be released until working, migrated plugins are released (otherwise,no reason to release). so essentially this project is waiting for everybody else. if you just want latest GIMP, download it from projects below.
Donations should go to http://sf.net/projects/gimponosx and http://projects/gimp-win
- Collection of contributed gradients, brushes, patterns
- layers, masks, alpha channels, create scanlines (german), anaglyphs, door hanger, glass, mist, watermark, landscape map, vista button, paper box creator
- plugins: straighten and crop, wavelet denoise (really good for low light digital camera photos), wavelet sharpen (very good, better than unsharp mask),resynthesizer plugin (heal scratches, delete unwanted objects I think),
- Fake HDR effect, HDR with Tone Mapping
- 2 minute startup time, just to let you know
- About 100-200 Open Source plugins preinstalled (except mac)
- Scanner support through File-->Create (weird, I know, not my choice)
- Based on gimp-win project. Sorry, no GAP (Animation Package) yet. Waiting for a working GAP from maker of gimp-win project
- System Requirements: HD or otherwise wide screen to view full menu. Athlon, Pentium II, Celeron processor, Windows XP SP2, Vista, or 7, or 8 and 255MB disk space and 512MB RAM but you should give it as much RAM as you can spare. MAC: Leopard, Snow leopard, Tiger. but it's larger, maybe double the disk space than windows takes.
- Supports Photoshop plugins! (uses PSPI plugin from Tor Lilqvist)
- Image processing plugin MathMap where you can "program/design" your own filters graphically or with code
- Scanner support is buried under File->Create
There are no 1 star reviews.