GeoTools is an open source (LGPL) Java code library which provides standards compliant methods for the manipulation of geospatial data.
GeoTools is an Open Source Geospatial Foundation project.
The GeoTools library data structures are based on Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) specifications.
- Definition of interfaces for key spatial concepts and data structures
- Open plug-in system allowing additional formats. Plugins supplied for raster, database and geospatial file formats.
- Includes extensions provide additional capabilities using the spatial facilites of the core library. Extensions provide graph and networking support (for finding the shortest path), validation, a web map server client, bindings for xml parsing and encoding and style generation
- Clean data access API supporting feature access, transaction support and locking between threads
- Vector support for app-schema, arcsde, csv, dxf, edigeo, excel, geojson, org, property, shapefile, wfs
- Spatial Database Support db2, h2, mysql, oracle, postgis, spatialite, sqlserver
- Raster plugins for arcsde, arcgrid, geotiff, grassraster, gtopo30, image (JPEG, TIFF, GIF, PNG), imageio-ext-gdal, imagemoasaic, imagepyramid, JP2K, matlab
- Powerful schema assisted parsing technology using XML Schema to bind to Java objects.
- XML Bindings for parsing/encoding xsd-core (xml simple types), fes, filter, gml2, gml3, kml, ows, sld, wcs, wfs, wms, wps, vpf.
- Rendering engine configured with OGC Standard Style Layer Descriptor files. Renderer is stateless, allowing low memory use particularly useful in server-side environments.
- Referencing using ESPG Database
- OGC Standards Support SLD/SE,Simple Feature,Grid Coverage, Filter/CQL,WMS,WFS,WPS, KML
There are no 4 star reviews.