GemRB (Game engine made with pre-Rendered Background) is a portable open-source implementation of Bioware's Infinity Engine.
It was written to support pseudo-3D role playing games based on the Dungeons & Dragons ruleset (Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series, Planescape: Torment). It should run on GNU/Linux, Microsoft Windows, OS X, possibly other UNIX derivatives and more. It is licensed under the GPL.
- Almost full compatibility with bg1, bg2 and iwd1 (can be played from start to end)
- Partial compatibility with pst and iwd2
- Extensible plugin-based design
- Many limitations of the original engine(s) were removed
- High portability, including improvements for touch based input
There are no 4 star reviews.