Duply is a shell front end for the duplicity backup tool http://duplicity.nongnu.org/. It simplifies the usage by implementing backup job profiles, batch commands and more.
Secure backup to non-trusted file spaces made easy.
- keep recurring settings in profiles per backup job
- check configuration and environment to prevent errors
- one line batch commands supporting conditions (useful in crontab )
- e.g 'backup+verify+purge' translates to
- automated import/export of keys between profile and keyring
- pre/post scripting for each command via env vars (for e.g. dumping databases)
Follow duply (simple duplicity)
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Have used this for almost 3 years to keep my data protected. Upon switching to some more esoteric platforms/configurations, I've run into little issues and have found the developer to be great at support.
It delivers exactly what was promised, simple, effective usage of duplicity. I love it, use it, cron it.
Very easy to use and oh, so useful :)
Very nice addition to the great duplicity backup tool!