Freevo is an open source HTPC media centre integrating PVR / DVR funtionality along with music, video, gaming, home automation and more. It is written in python and uses existing popular software such as mplayer, xine and vlc.
- DVR supporting live pause and recording TV with multiple tuners
- Commercial detection/removal. Frontend and backend for TV record server
- Music jukebox - local files, CDs, internet streams, podcasts etc.
- RSS feeds, movie trailers, weather forcasts, photo albums
- Games emulators, home automation control, web interface and more
Follow Freevo - Media Centre Platform
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Very easy to use freevo
Easy to run freevo
This is a wonderful, light weight Media Center application in Linux. I have configured a Debian Linux with Freevo as media center cum Digital Photo Frame using my old laptop. Fore more info: http://karuppuswamy.com/wordpress/2010/04/18/diy-freevo-media-center-or-digital-photo-frame-using-old-laptop/