by Werner Lemberg <email@example.com>
This project provides a library which takes a TrueType font as the input,
remove its bytecode instructions (if any), and return a new font where all
glyphs are bytecode hinted using the information given by FreeType's
autohinting module. The idea is to provide the excellent quality of the
autohinter on platforms which don't use FreeType.
The library has a single API function, `TTF_autohint'; see
`src/ttfautohint.h' for a detailed description. Note that the library
itself won't get installed currently.
A simple command-line interface to the library is the demo program
`ttfautohint'; after compilation and installation, say
for usage information, or say
to read its manual page.
New in 0.5:
* Rendering on iOS is now expected to give good results.
* No bad rendering at very large PPEM values.
New in 0.4:
* The bytecode has been changed to `create' twilight points. This should
avoid rendering artifacts on some platforms.
New in 0.3:
* Fix font generation; sometimes the `glyf' table was one byte too short,
making the font invalid.
New in 0.2:
* Fix bytecode bugs which prevented correct rendering on some platforms.
New in 0.1:
* First release.