Those who have read past the "Malware" warning can be assured there is absolutely no malware in this OS or in the download. This warning comes from the "netcat" binary included in the download as a DOS time client. Unfortunately netcat has code that is flagged as malware.
FREESCO, a NAT/firewall router/server based on Linux and runs on a single 1.44MB floppy. Freesco is very powerful and versatile and can connect multiple home or small office networks to most types of Internet connections including dialup.
- Support for up to 10 network cards
- Support for up to 10 modems for dial in use
- Supports up to 9 virtual networks
- Web and console based administration
- Built in web server
- Built in FTP server
- Built in SSH server
- Built in DNS server
- Built in DHCP server capable of static and dynamic DHCP leases
- Built in Print server
- Time and day based Internet access per internal computer capabilities.
- Ban and Allow internal cross communication of internal networks
- Ban and allow of specicif Internal and external web sites configuration.
- Support for PPtP and IPSEC connection
- Support for multiple external dial up connections
- Add on package system with many packages available at FREESCOsoft.com
- Dynamic DNS support for most major services and customizable for others
- System runs on minimul hardware (Pentium class with 16 MB of ram)
- System fits on a 1.44MB floppy
Thanks for Freesco, it's the best!
The rate for a router is very good
What a powerful system and it was easy to setup and run on an old computer that was just laying around.
AVGAntivirus alert is false positive because of the nc (netcat) utility that is part of FREESCO.