Developed in partnership with the world's leading chip companies over a 12 year period, FreeRTOS is the market leading real time operating system (or RTOS) in its class, and the de-facto standard solution for microcontrollers and small microprocessors.
With millions of deployments in all imaginable market sectors (from toys to aircraft), FreeRTOS is trusted because it is professionally developed, strictly quality controlled, robust, supported, free to use in commercial products without a requirement to expose proprietary source code, and has no IP infringement risk.
Pre-configured buildable applications that work "out of the box" are provided for each of the 35 processor architectures 18 tool chains that are officially supported.
Training resources include RTOS tutorial books, and instructor led classes (both online and onsite).
ARM Cortex (Cortex-M0, Cortex-M0+, Cortex-M3, Cortex-M4, Cortex-M7, Cortex-A9, Cortex-A5), Renesas, TI, Freescale, 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit, etc.
- Fully pre-emptive, co-operative, or hybrid configurations
- Truely free usage with no obligation to expose propriatory code
- Tasks, queues, event flags, binary semaphores, counting semaphores, recursive semaphores and mutexes
- Optional commercial support and licensing
- One RTOS for 35 architectures
There are no 2 star reviews.