party installer, its contents
have not been scanned.
FreeFileSync is a free Open Source software that helps you synchronize files and synchronize folders for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. It is designed to save your time setting up and running backup jobs while having nice visual feedback along the way.
Support FFS with a donation: http://www.freefilesync.org/donate.php
- Synchronize network shares and local disks
- Synchronize MTP devices (Android, iPhone, tablet, digital camera)
- Synchronize via SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol)
- Detect moved and renamed files and folders
- Show disk space usage with directory trees
- Copy locked files (Volume Shadow Copy Service)
- Detect conflicts and propagate deletions
- Binary file comparison
- Configure handling of Symbolic Links
- Automate sync as a batch job
- Process multiple folder pairs
- Comprehensive and detailed error reporting
- Copy NTFS security permissions
- Copy NTFS extended attributes (compressed, encrypted, sparse)
- Copy HFS+ extended attributes and ACLs
- Support long file paths with more than 260 characters
- Fail-safe file copy prevents data corruption
- Cross-platform: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
- Expand environment variables like %UserProfile%
- Access variable drive letters by volume name (USB sticks)
- Native 64-bit support
- Manage versions of deleted/updated files
- Prevent disc space bottlenecks via optimal sync sequence
- Full Unicode support
- Highly optimized runtime performance
- Include/exclude files via filter
- FreeFileSync portable and local installation available
- Handle daylight saving time changes on FAT/FAT32
- Use macros %time%, %date%, et al. for recurring backups
- Case-sensitive synchronization
- Built-in locking serializes multiple users synchronizing the same network folder
- ... download and use for free!
Love this product. It works great and the fact it is "portable" means I don't have to annoy our IT Support to do and install. Great work, thank you very much. 5***** PS. just one suggestion, if I may, the ability to have a portable version as a stand alone download would be very convenient. This would save me having to run the install program to create a portable version on "NON-work" computers, then copy it to the my work computers.
Great program, unfortunately for MAC OS X, it's 10.7+ Still 5 stars!
Great video! However, I couldn't hear all of the words because the music is LOUDER than the words!
Best file sync out there. I donated.
Thank you author for this precious chunk of open source software code.