party installer, its contents
have not been scanned.
FreeFileSync is a free Open Source software that helps you synchronize files and synchronize folders for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. It is designed to save your time setting up and running backup jobs while having nice visual feedback along the way.
Support FFS with a donation: http://www.freefilesync.org/donate.php
- Synchronize network shares and local disks
- Synchronize MTP devices (Android, iPhone, tablet, digital camera)
- Synchronize via SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol)
- Detect moved and renamed files and folders
- Show disk space usage with directory trees
- Copy locked files (Volume Shadow Copy Service)
- Detect conflicts and propagate deletions
- Binary file comparison
- Configure handling of Symbolic Links
- Automate sync as a batch job
- Process multiple folder pairs
- Comprehensive and detailed error reporting
- Copy NTFS security permissions
- Copy NTFS extended attributes (compressed, encrypted, sparse)
- Copy HFS+ extended attributes and ACLs
- Support long file paths with more than 260 characters
- Fail-safe file copy prevents data corruption
- Cross-platform: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
- Expand environment variables like %UserProfile%
- Access variable drive letters by volume name (USB sticks)
- Native 64-bit support
- Manage versions of deleted/updated files
- Prevent disc space bottlenecks via optimal sync sequence
- Full Unicode support
- Highly optimized runtime performance
- Include/exclude files via filter
- FreeFileSync portable and local installation available
- Handle daylight saving time changes on FAT/FAT32
- Use macros %time%, %date%, et al. for recurring backups
- Case-sensitive synchronization
- Built-in locking serializes multiple users synchronizing the same network folder
- ... download and use for free!
This program is very good. It does a lot of things and best of all it gives you a lot of options so you can make it do what you want. I use it for backup. My only con is that it tends to be kind of slow. But I live with that considering all that it does.
I think one of the best file-sync tools!
FreeFileSync is a great tool for backup. I use it since a long time. However, I would advise the maintainers tomove to another provider e.g. Github, since Sourceforge is know to perform feats of Account hijacking and Malware insertion. Source: seclists.org/nmap-dev/2015/q2/194
This program has saved me years and years of work. The only reason I rated the features as good and not excellent is because I would like to see a reliable shredder built in. So when things are deleted on the destination drive the user has the option for them to be shredded and not just deleted.
UI could use some work, but otherwise an excellent tool with robust functionality. I especially appreciate the scripting capability.