party installer, its contents
have not been scanned.
FreeFileSync is a free Open Source software that helps you synchronize files and synchronize folders for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. It is designed to save your time setting up and running data backups while having nice visual feedback along the way.
Support FFS with a donation: https://www.freefilesync.org/donate.php
- Synchronize folders on network shares and local disks
- Synchronize mobile devices via MTP (Android, iPhone, tablet, digital camera)
- Synchronize cloud storage via SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol)
- Free FTP client: Synchronize via FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and FTPS (SSL/TLS)
- Detect moved and renamed files and folders
- Manage versions and keep a history of deleted/updated files
- Show disk space usage for a directory tree
- Copy locked files (Volume Shadow Copy Service)
- Detect conflicts and propagate deletions
- Compare files by content
- Configure handling of Symbolic Links
- Automate sync as a batch job
- Process multiple folder pairs
- Comprehensive and detailed error reporting
- Copy NTFS extended attributes (compressed, encrypted, sparse)
- Copy NTFS security permissions
- Copy NTFS Alternate Data Streams
- Copy HFS+ extended attributes and ACLs
- Support long file paths with more than 260 characters
- Fail-safe file copy prevents data corruption
- Cross-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, macOS
- Expand environment variables like %UserProfile%
- Use macros %time%, %date%, et al. for recurring backups
- Access variable drive letters by volume name (USB sticks)
- Native 64-bit support
- Prevent disc space bottlenecks via optimal sync sequence
- Full Unicode support
- Highly optimized run time performance
- Include and exclude files via filter
- FreeFileSync portable and local installation available
- Handle daylight saving time changes on FAT/FAT32
- Case-sensitive synchronization
- Serialize multiple users accessing the same (network) folder via folder locking
- Fully localized user interface available in 30+ languages
- ... download and use for FREE!
Easy to use. I use this program every few months to back up my personal files, Docs, Downloads, Pictures, Videos, Desktop, etc to my 2 terabit backup. After the initial mirror All (copy) now it just takes a few minutes to compare the laptop folders to the backup, new music, photos, videos and a few files here and there. I'll use it forever on all my Linux laptops into the future. Better than Foldermatch on that OS which will not to be named from my lips ever again. I love this program.
Love this product. It works great and the fact it is "portable" means I don't have to annoy our IT Support to do and install. Great work, thank you very much. 5***** PS. just one suggestion, if I may, the ability to have a portable version as a stand alone download would be very convenient. This would save me having to run the install program to create a portable version on "NON-work" computers, then copy it to the my work computers.
Great program, unfortunately for MAC OS X, it's 10.7+ Still 5 stars!
Great video! However, I couldn't hear all of the words because the music is LOUDER than the words!