The basic principle behind this program is 'Learning by Doing'. The user is encouraged to extend a database with acquired information about Chinese characters and Japanese Words. This information may turn out useful in the integrated text editor, for both reading and writing.
So there are multiple different uses for this program:
- Learn about Chinese characters. Gain, store and memorize knowledge about specific characters and words.
- Input devices for Chinese (and Japanese) characters. For use without much prior knowledge.
- Working with Japanese text, with powerful help.
Input devices based on visual similarities and pure ASCII readings.
Automatic space insertion before dictionary words and word highlighting.
Compact info display in 'Trading Card' style.
Currently the example database contains over 95.000 readings, including readings for more than 4500 of the most common Kanjis.
A youtube tutorial shows how to extend the database.
- Expandable character database to store information about Chinese characters.
- Expandable dictionary, used for reading and writing.
- Built-in text editor to work with Japanese text.
- Input devices based on either readings or character similarities.
- Simple web-searches for unknown characters or words.
- Automatic space char insertion and dictionary word highlighting in editor.
- Compact info display in trading card style for better memorization.
- Templates may generate grammatical forms of verbs and adjectives
- Youtube Tutorial at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaYldJGaEHCIDQfZLe6Icg
- Persistent Quiz: A Quiz to memorize Readings. Win cards or learn from failures.
Be the first to post a review of FindAKanji!