FileBot is the ultimate tool for renaming your movies, tv shows or anime and downloading subtitles. It's smart, streamlined for simplicity and just works. FileBot supports Windows, Linux and Mac, plus there's a full-featured command-line interface for all sorts of automation.
- A simple user-interface tuned for drag-n-drop
- Rename hundreds of media files in a matter of seconds
- Match movies against TheMovieDB data
- Match episodes against TheTVDB data
- Match music against MusicBrainz data using AcoustID
- Download subtitles from OpenSubtitles
- Upload subtitles to OpenSubtitles
- Easily create and verify sfv, md5 and sha1 files
Ok, so I've used Filebot a lot in the past and have just purchased it. But it's installed as an App which means I have no access to it through my file manager "Directory Opus" I use this to select say 40 files then click on a button I've called remove film year, which filebot does, then I get the film info, then I add the film year using another self configured button which then adds the year, I also add serial and episode numbers to tv shows. But now that it's an App I cannot use Opus anymore to connect to it which makes for a bit of a clunky experiance.
Excellent tool, completely reliable and highly customisable.
This is the best renaming tool out there an I have tried several. Would love to see an update option to check for program updates automatically.