FileBot is the ultimate tool for renaming your movies, tv shows or anime and downloading subtitles. It's smart, streamlined for simplicity and just works. FileBot supports Windows, Linux and Mac, plus there's a full-featured command-line interface for all sorts of automation.
- A simple user-interface tuned for drag-n-drop
- Rename hundreds of media files in a matter of seconds
- Match movies against TheMovieDB data
- Match episodes against TheTVDB data
- Match music against MusicBrainz data using AcoustID
- Download subtitles from OpenSubtitles
- Upload subtitles to OpenSubtitles
- Easily create and verify sfv, md5 and sha1 files
This application is excellent, but I'm sick to death of the pop-up asking for further donations. I have already donated and am not happy about being harassed over and over for more money. Stop it!
I used to love this application. It's still useful,but very irritating to use. Starting a couple versions ago, it was put in the Windows and Apple App Stores, so not free anymore. It can still be downloaded from Sourceforge, but now with version 4.7.9, it shows a nag screen when it's shut down. I wouldn't have upgraded from 4.7.8, but that version showed an update message every time the program started. Very irritating, so if that was what you were aiming for, good job.
Works well enough, but the installer is extremely sketchy, trying to install AVG toolbar and pushing some F2P MMO. I can't recommend this to friends because of this.