A cross platform file and folder mass renamer, allows many different renaming operations in a GUI.
Please note that development has moved to GitHub:
- Preview every item to be renamed before comiting changes.
- Load all files in directory and in subdirectories (recursive renaming).
- Undo renaming operation in case of mistakes.
- Regular expression support throughout.
- Full unicode support means any character from any language can be used.
- Rename media files according to their metadata tags (Exif, id3, etc).
- Add any number of operations in any order (v.2 only)
Genial with Linux Mint 17 and python-wxgtk2.8. Unfortunately it doesn't work whith Linux Mint 18. Is it still developped?
Easy to use, compatible with all windows version, small size, undo function support.
It only appears to be missing one thing - you can replace/remove X characters starting at position Y, which is great where Y is known (i.e. 1 for the beginning of the object), but what about the END ?? I have a number of variable-length folder names with a ' - yyyy' appended to the end (7 characters) - I can see no way of stripping that without knowing the length of the string and working backwards. (BTW, I'm using the LINUX version !!)
The interface is very friendly. Bravo
Very practical and complete renaming tool. Among many many other tools, with this pearl, I am able to rename anything I may need. Sure, it still need some fine tuning. Unfortunately I have no clue about python... Maybe anyone could help on this nice project!?