MEOB separates the data in a web document from its structure through the use of client side templates and ajax. The burden of assembling the displayed web page is shifted from the server to the client.
The main advantage to the document structure, i.e. how the data is laid out on the screen, being separated from the data, is that it can be changed without affecting the data, or the business logic. And the same data can have different templates that are customised to the user.
As document structure can be cached by the client, it means that on repeat visits, the server doesnt need to send it every time. This reduces the amount of data the server needs to send and brings incremental benefits to busy sites.
- client side templating using embedded tags.
- separates workflow for graphic design and app development
- allows all webpages to become restful XML APIs
- cacheable document structure brings throughput benefits for high volume sites
- web pages can beconsumed and repurposed for other channels.
- templates can be changed on the fly - provides flexibility to customise
Be the first to post a review of MEOB - Merge On Browse!