Version 18.8/17.8/17.7/17.5 (four versions - Build 171208, 170712, 170508 and 161203) of ExTiX 64 bit are based on Debian/Ubuntu. In ExTiX I have installed Deepin Desktop 15.5, Budgie Desktop 10.2.9, LXQt 0.11.1 respectively KDE 4.16.12 together with KDE Frameworks 5.31.
PROGRAM content etc (all versions)
Among many other programs LibreOffice, Thunderbird, GParted, Brasero, SMPlayer, Gimp, Flash and win32 codecs. In addition Java and all necessary additions in order to install programs from source.
The password for root is root. The password for the ordinary user extix is live. Or live/live.
4.13.0-16-exton, 4.13.0-15-exton, 4.11.0-1-exton respectively 4.8.0-26-exton
Refracta tools in ExTiX 18.0, 17.8, 17.7 and 17.5 - Create your own live installable Ubuntu system. Slideshow: http://www.extix.se/extix-refracta-slideshow.gif
Build 161203 is only for Intel Compute Sticks - http://www.intel.se/content/www/se/sv/compute-stick/intel-compute
- ExTiX - four versions
- KDE 4.16.12
- LXQt 0.11.1
- KDE Frameworks 5.31
- Kernel 4.13.0-16-exton, 4.13.0-15-exton, 4.11.0-10-exton, 4.11.0-1-exton respectively 4.8.0-26-exton
- Refracta tools in ExTiX 18.0 Deepin, 17.8 LXQt, 17.7 Budgie and 17.5 KDE
- Create your own Ubuntu system with Refracta Snapshot!
- Build 161203 is only for Intel Compute Sticks
- Refracta slideshow: http://www.extix.se/extix-refracta-slideshow.gif
- Budgie Desktop 10.2.9 in ExTiX 17.7 Build 170712
- Deepin Desktop 15.5 in ExTiX 18.0 Build 171123
- Calamares 3.1.9 is used as installer in ExTiX 18.0 Deepin Build 171208
This is the best running LXQt distro I have found so far.
I had lots of bugs with Ubuntu 12.04 64bit but I liked the screenshots on distrowatch. Hence I gave it a go. Install was only possible via live - gnome session and my username was not taken. But hey all the rest is perfect. It looks good and I haven't found one single bug so far!
Very nice (clean) linux desktop. Runs very well from DVD (much better then many I have tried before). Harddisk instakllation is also easy. No distro if you want 20 programs to do the same thing. Comes standard with all media support (file types) to view YouTube etc. out of the box (fresh install)