Expense Submittal System (ESS 10)
ESS, is an open source corporate expense reporting, invoice submission, and time reporting package that is available to download and use for free. As far as we know, we're the only player in this arena. A description of the enhancements from earlier versions is available in the download zip file in the readme.txt file.
ESS is a web application that runs in a servlet container (e.g., Tomcat) utilizing a JDBC connection to a database (e.g., MySQL).
There is currently one download file for ESS 10. It is:
ESS10_nn.zip - This is the primary file that contains the compiled code, scripts, HTML, source and database for ESS. You'll need to have an application server, such as Tomcat, as well as a database and Web server.
The following documents contain useful information in getting the most out of ESS:
1. readme.txt - found either in the root folder of the zip file. This describes what's new with the current release, initial logins, and any known issues.
2. Manual Installation Procedures - see https://www.expenseservices.com/pdfs/Manually.pdf
3. Access https://www.expenseservices.com/supportDocuments.html for other user and administration manuals
4. See our Facebook page for the latest news on ESS.
AND FINALLY, since we really want ESS to be a success for you, contact us and we'll work through any configuration questions or challenges with you.
Support is available via:
1. Send a support request through SourceForge.net. We're at http://sourceforge.net/projects/expense-ss/
2. Join the Yahoo User Group for opensource expense reporting and send a question to the group at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OpenSourceExpense
3. Contact us directly at: http://www.expenseservices.net/ContactUs.html or send an email to email@example.com
Normally we'll get back to you soon, but give us a day just in case we're backed up.