Excel_Out is an Ada package for writing easily and dynamically Excel files with basic formattings. Enables the automatic production of reports. Standalone and unconditionally portable code. No interaction needed with Excel or MS Office.
- Ideal for the automatic production of reports, formatted data sheets, etc.
- Fast: on a HP Mini netbook (Intel Atom, 1.66 GHz), Excel Writer produces 50 sheets per second, with 10,000 data cells each
- Unconditionally portable
- Standalone (no external dependency, Excel/Office software not required for working)
- Floating-point hardware neutral (no IEEE required)
- Object oriented
- Task safe
- Pure Ada 95 (nothing compiler/system specific)
Quoting Václav D., Czech Republic: "I have compared the speed between Excel Writer and Visual Basic. I have written a Code that generates 50000 rows with 50 Columns. I wrote the number of current column in each cell, that was 2,5 millions of column records. Visual Basic performed this operations in 64 seconds, but Excel Writer in 3,2 seconds that is 20x faster. That is unbelievable!!! Best regards"
Excel-writer works fine.