A MMORPG game focused around the malleability of a 'sandbox' world. Focused on learning more about living in the real world. Item creation, vast map with natural boundaries. AI systems. Projected to be an educational yet fun game.
- Terra-formation (players should be able to change the world, cut down trees, dig holes/ditches. Pile up hills. Playing with the environment itself - at first it's all there is save for some basic tools.).
- Dynamic map, dependent on player habitation, virtual map tracking city/state sizes. (Algorithms for dynamic life around the cities, life springing - animals, plants interactions. Location based resources) Resources dependent on technology, know-how of the player community. )
- Immense map. Natural barriers. Barren lands, fruitful lands, inhabited lands (by other animalia). Real world-like risks, encouraging player cooperation versus 'nature'.
- Modular crafting/creation system for the modification of environmental resources into tools. A tree based exploration system of abilities. (Ex, do you know what makes a good tool for this use? Attributes to carve into a piece of good to make a good fishing pole. If you do know, then you can pick the right attributes for your fishing pole and save it (recipe for fishing pole). If you don't know how to make a fishing pole, ability to do a trial-error on the environment. Algorithms for modifying values of what makes a successful fishing pole - more curved for example, flexible wood and so forth.
- Functional player interaction tools. Communication tools, inside and outside of the game. Incentive for making friends. Sharing of personal information up to the players and outside of the service. But open feedback system.
- Reward system based on real life interactions and virtual world interactions. No game skill based abilities, but knowledge/wisdom based abilities. If you know how to do something in the world, you should have a great idea how to do it also in the game. What would be the rewards? Mentoring in a discipline. NPC master travels to X player city to mentor player on how to do XYZ. Making knowledge the reward likely to provide an incentive for more exploration.
- 3D environment with real world physics (well human understanding of physics).
Thanks for Etherianlife, it's good!