yieldbuddy is an open source hydroponics controller for your indoor or outdoor grow.
The Arduino sends multiple serial messages a second containing information like sensor values, relay on/off states, manual/auto modes, etc. The web interface (hosted by the Raspberry Pi running Apache2 and PHP5), allows you to login to the page and from there you can see graphs of all your sensors, their current values, whether or not your equipment is on/off (relay states), your web camera, etc. The Raspberry Pi runs a python script to receive serial messages from the Arduino, interpret them, and log all the necessary data into an SQL database. The SQL database can be run on a remote server or the Raspberry Pi itself, although its recommended to log your data to a remote server to keep the Raspberry Pi running smoothly.
For a Forum, SD card image (wheezy + yieldbuddy), and more information visit the:
- SQL Database Logging
- Web Interface
- Set Water Pump and Light Schedules
- Manual/Auto Control of Relays using setpoints
- Monitor values in near realtime
- Uses a Python Script to recieve serial messages from arduino and stores the variables in SQL database (Raspberry Pi)
- Remote control of relays/light settings/water settings/system settings
- Uses Google Charts graph to plot data from sensor log table. (zoomable, printable, shows values)
- Uses Motion / Cambozola to stream webcam
- Alarms - automatically emails you if there if a sensor goes out of range (Low/High)
- Encrypts passwords
There are no 1 star reviews.